Homemade Sweet Potato Chips




So, I need to have healthy JUMMY snacks  handy to have a better food intake. I decided to use my "so long waiting to be cooked" sweet potatoes that I had on the counter but, what to do? CHIPS!!! as as sweet potato chips!!! awesome, I searched different ways on how to do it and I am SO glad it worked. 

So here it is:
1. peel the potatoes
2. slice into 1/16" or as thin as a nickel
3. place in a large bowl 
4. add 2 Tbs olive oil
5. if you like spice, add 1 tsp of it plus 1 tsp kosher salt
6. coat the potatoes
7. place in cookie sheet ( I used parchment paper)
8. bake at 375 degrees for 15 or until they are crispy

I made 4 trays and I ate 3 of them, oops!!! I place my left overs-yeah, you heard me, leftovers on a ziplock bag to eat later.

Note: Sweet Potatoes are complex carbs, which are good for ya. They are 77g of water, 1.6g protein, 0.05g fat, 20 g carb, 3g fiber
#FromFat2Fab

No comments:

Post a Comment